Originally I wanted to control a fan that turned on when it was hot inside. The fan should only operate when hotter than 22 degrees inside, temperature outside colder than in inside by at least 2 degrees.
Using the excellent guides from Adafruit this project has grown from 2 temperature sensors to about 30.
Originally I used an 8 way relay board connected to conventional wireless plug sockets. Now use another Pi connected to Energie Power Plugs
Also runs Adblocking DNS Server
Also also has a 128gb USB memory stick attached used for remote backups
- Model B+
- 512mb ram
- DS2482-800 8 Channel I2C to 1-Wire Master IC
- 2 x DHT11 Humidity sensors - one inside mounted to the case, and one outside
- 2 x DS18B20 1-WIRE Digital Thermometer - one inside the case and one mounted on the outside
- Multiple DS18B20 1-WIRE Digital Thermometer Waterproof Probes
- Light Dependant Resistor
- BMP085 1-Wire Barometric Pressure Sensor
- Integral 128gb usb memory stick